We are looking for an experienced Cook to join our team! You will be preparing and cooking a variety of dishes for our breakfast and lunch restaurant guests to enjoy.
You are passionate about creating exceptional dining experiences through good, quality food. With previous experience as a cook, you are able to manage multiple priorities and contribute to a friendly and productive team atmosphere. Ideally, you have your ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters
- Season and cook food according to recipes or when applicable, personal judgment and experience
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking
- Respond to guest feedback with appropriate urgency and professionalism
- Work well with FOH staff to expedite food or make any corrections as necessary
- Previous experience as a restaurant cook preferred including breakfast
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification (or must be willing to attain)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to lift 30+ lbs
- Ability to work standing for 8+ hours
- Ea Bake serves exceptional breakfast, lunch and baked goods
- We value our team members and strive to provide a great work environment while being flexible to each employees needs.
- We are passionate about good food made fresh
- Flexible schedule
- Daytime work week
- Enhanced training and growth opportunity
- Discounts on food
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
European American Bakery Cafe [EA BAKE] has been serving southwest Florida since 1977. From our roots as wholesale bakery to growing into a full service restaurant—we owe a huge part of our success to the employees that helped us achieve our shared goals and beyond.
Our success reflects our teams hard work and talent.
EA Bake is committed to attracting the best talent in the industry and treating everyone with respect. We value the strengths and diversity of our team and strive to continue to improve by sharing ideas and learning from each other. Each employee individuality is appreciated, however, as a group we operate as a team, from front of the house to back of the house. This team approach helps create a seamless and pleasant dining experience for our customers.
Our goal is to raise the bar when it comes to the quality of our food served in our restaurant. Bakery Fresh isn’t just our mantra, its our philosophy. We take no shortcuts in providing the highest quality breakfast, lunch and bakery, both in our ingredients and preparation…and that goes for customer service as well.
Big smiles, sincere greetings and attention to detail is what brings customers back, day after day (sometimes twice in a single day)!
We invite you to share in our goals at EA Bake so we can continue to grow as a company and you can grow as an individual and work hard but have fun doing it.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)