- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, including planning and assigning work and establishing performance and development goals for team members
- Educate and train all team members in compliance with federal, state, and local laws and safety regulations
- Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on food, supplies, and labor costs
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met
- Perform all duties of kitchen managers and employees as necessary
- Achieve and maintain company and brand standards for quality and guest satisfaction
- Ensure security and proper storage of food and beverage products, inventory and equipment and replenish supplies in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste
- Some college and/or advanced training in food and beverage management plus 2 years of related experience, including supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- ServeSafe or Food Handler’s certification, or willingness to obtain
- Must have advanced knowledge of food service regulations
- Must be organized, skilled with time management, and efficient in hot and cold line production
- Must be able to stand for 8+ hours per shift in an environment with extreme temperatures
- Skilled with the use of hand tools or machines needed for the position
- Able to lift, carry, or pull objects that may be heavy
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
European American Bakery Cafe [EA BAKE] has been serving southwest Florida since 1977. From our roots as wholesale bakery to growing into a full service restaurant—we owe a huge part of our success to the employees that helped us achieve our shared goals and beyond.
Our success reflects our teams hard work and talent.
EA Bake is committed to attracting the best talent in the industry and treating everyone with respect. We value the strengths and diversity of our team and strive to continue to improve by sharing ideas and learning from each other. Each employee individuality is appreciated, however, as a group we operate as a team, from front of the house to back of the house. This team approach helps create a seamless and pleasant dining experience for our customers.
Our goal is to raise the bar when it comes to the quality of our food served in our restaurant. Bakery Fresh isn’t just our mantra, its our philosophy. We take no shortcuts in providing the highest quality breakfast, lunch and bakery, both in our ingredients and preparation…and that goes for customer service as well.
Big smiles, sincere greetings and attention to detail is what brings customers back, day after day (sometimes twice in a single day)!
We invite you to share in our goals at EA Bake so we can continue to grow as a company and you can grow as an individual and work hard but have fun doing it.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)